Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Drama...In the literal sense.

Hey! I'm Abbey and I am in love with Theater. It has been a passion of mine ever since I was a little girl. I started out doing a few church plays here and there and then joined a summer youth theater program in my community. Still to this day I am involved in the summer youth program and enjoy it very much. I acted in the plays for seven years and this next summer will be my second year of student directing. Now that I am in highschool, I am a part of the fall musicals and spring plays and enjoy it very much. Our school just built a new performaning arts center so that makes everything a lot more exciting! I would have to say that my number one inspiration through all of my theater work is Lenore Larson. I was so fortunate to have her in my life to express to me how great theater is not just for the fun but also for myself. After seeing her pass away of cancer when I was thirteen years old, I will definately carry on my passion and love for the theater and hopefully someday influence the lives of young children and older people just like she did. As I've grown older and thought more about my future I have realized that going into acting for a professional career is not an easy thing to do. In order for me to at least stay in the theater business I decided to take classes at the Guthrie Theater to learn more about EVERYTHING theater has to offer, not just the acting itself. So far I have learned everything from costumes and makeup to the auditioning process and directing. I haven't decided what exactly I want to do with my life in the theater business, but for now I am going to follow my dreams and try out as many acting experiences that are available for me out there. Besides taking acting classes and being involved in theater at school, I also auditioned for The Whatever Show on Kare11 this past summer. This was my second time auditioning for the show so it was a lot easier for me. My first audition went great and two weeks later I got a letter in the mail telling me that I was accepted to the second round of auditions. I was so excited! I went back for my second audition and I thought it went really well, although it was a lot more stressful the second time around. Once again, I waited for the letter two weeks later and I got one! I knew previous that there were only three rounds of auditions so I knew if I got a letter, It meant that it was a pretty big deal. I opened the letter later to find out that the letter said that the show was being cancelled due to reviews and lack of money raised to run the show. I was bummed but realized that it was cool enough that I made it through two rounds of auditions out of thousands of people who tried out for the show. Once again, Theater is my passion and I hope to pursue it when I am older. I have dreams and aspirations to not only pursue the acting career for myself but to inspire others around me to try it out for themselves.

3 comments:

Milou Rietjens said...

Hi Abbey!!
I love your blog!!
x

Lukes22 said...

Write enough?

SlayinGeese08 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.